Want to try a craft beer? Head to Dayton, Ohio. This region has seen high growth of craft-beer breweries that have (or soon will be) opened for business:
- Carillon Brewing Co. (inside Carillon Park) – Schedule to open March 2014 – This will be the first U.S. museum that makes its own beer!
- Dayton Beer Co. (Kettering) – Open for business
- Eudora Brewing Company (Kettering) – Open Summer/Fall 2013 – You will be able to brew your own beer at this facility! Follow on Twitter.
- Fifth Street Brewpub Co-Op (Downtown Dayton) – Membership only taproom
- Hairless Hare Brewery (Vandalia) – Open for business
- Lock 27 Brewing (Centerville) – Open for business
- Toxic Brew Company (Oregon District) – Open for business
- Vitruvian Brewing Co. (Yellow Springs) – Planning to open in 2013
- Warped Wing Brewing Co. (Oregon District) – Taproom to be open in 2013
- Yellow Springs Brewery (Yellow Springs) – Open for business
Unsure of what a craft beer is? Read about how craft beer is brewed here.