August 2013 was a strong month for home sales in Cincinnati with a 24% increase as compared to August 2012. The area has had 26 consecutive months of increased home sales.
August 2013 versus August 2012 Statistics
- 24.49% increase in sales units
- 25.07% increase in gross sales volume
- .47% increase in average sale price
- 23.22% increase in sales units
- 31.28% increase in gross sales volume
- 6.53% increase in average sale price
The number of homes on the market to sell was down 9.8% in August as compared to the same time period in 2013. August inventory decreased by 1.9% when compared to July 2013.
What does this mean?
If you are thinking of selling your home, now is a good time to put your house on the market. There is a smaller number of competing homes available. Interest rates are still low and home are still affordable. Many properties in good condition and priced right are selling quickly.
Statistics and graphs provided by: Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors Home Sales August 2013 report.