Per a Business Courier article, the Home Builders Association of Greater Cincinnati is reporting a 17% increase in new home sales for the first six months of 2013 as compared to 2012.
New Construction Trends
- Smaller homes (national average square footage is down 13%)
- Private outdoor spaces and connecting indoor/outdoor access – People want privacy when they are outside and an extension from the house to their outdoor spaces
- Covered outdoor rooms – Covered outdoor rooms become a second family room and feature comfortable couches and flat screens
- Larger garages
- Home offices
- Technology to support mobile devices, tablets and all charging needs
- More seating in the media rooms
- Larger kitchens with room for entertaining
- Dogs – 37% of U.S. households have a pooch. Homeowners are looking for doggie doors, pet showers and other pet-styled items for the home!
Thinking of building a new home? Sibcy Cline Realtors represents many fine builders throughout Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio; Northern Kentucky; and Southeastern Indiana.