What turns off buyers when touring homes for sell? A dirty house.
A clean house is impressive and lets buyers know they are entering a place that has been cared for and maintained. If you are thinking of selling your home, here are some cleaning tips to consider:
- Declutter. Read more about this here.
- Scrub. The goal is make your home sparkle. Wash windows inside and out. Re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks. Polish faucets and mirrors. Wax floors. Dust shelves and furniture.
- Outside, too. Make your home clean and welcoming. Is the front porch clear of dirt? Is your outside furniture clean and tidy? Mow the lawn and tend to flower beds.
- Odors. Remove them. No one wants to smell Fido or Kitty. Or your dinner from last night.
When your home is on the market, you will need to tend to daily cleaning duties:
- Vacuum and dust every day.
- No dirty laundry for public view.
- Dishes need to be cleaned immediately.
- No messes on tables and counters.
- Tend to mail daily.
- Clothes need to be hung.
- Bathrooms and kitchens need to shine.
- Make your bed neatly.
Interesting in reading some cleaning tips?
- Go here to read 30 Quick and Easy Cleaning Tips from Woman’s Day.
- HGTV has some great cleaning tips, too, here.
- Mr. Clean has tips on using the magic eraser here – This blogger LOVES the magic eraser!
- And here are tips about using vinegar to help clean
To help you get ready to sell, you may want to consider a thorough professional cleaning of your home. Sibcy Cline Home Services can make recommendations.