Need To Replace An Important Document?

Documents Sealed Yellow Envelope Important Devliery Records

Hopefully you never need to use this list, but just in case, here are some helpful links in case important documents are lost and need to be replaced:

Social Security Card
Go to a Social Security Administration office or request a copy online here

Credit Cards

  • American Express – 800-528-4800
  • Discover – 800-347-2683
  • MasterCard – 800-627-8372
  • Visa – 800-847-2911

Tax Return Transcripts
Contact the nearest Treasury Department office or IRS office. To find a local IRS office, go here.

Vehicle Registration/Title
Contact your county motor vehicle office.

Mortgage Documents
Contact your lending institution.

Property Deeds
Contact the recorder’s office in the county where the property is located.

Insurance Policies
Contact your insurance company.

Military Records
Request Standard Form 180 (SF-180) from any office of the Veterans Administration, American Legion, VFW, Red Cross or get this form here.

Complete the DS-64 and DS-11 Forms. They will need to be presented in person at Passport Agency or Acceptance Facility. Go here for more information.

Birth and Death Certificates
Visit your county vital records office or go online:

Savings Bonds
Complete Form PDF1048 (Claim for Lost, Stolen or Destroyed US Savings Bonds) by going here.

Marriage Licenses
To replace a license certificate, you will need to contact the county in which it was issued, usually through the probate court:




Immigration Documents
You will need to contact your county office or US Citizenship and Immigration Service

Information Courtesy of Sibcy Cline Insurance Services


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s