It’s winter – although it may be appealing to get cozy and warm, now is a great time to sell your home.
- Less competition. There are less homes for sale during the winter months.
- Serious buyers. It takes more effort to look at homes when there is snow and ice. People looking at homes this time of year are usually very interested in buying.
- Mortgage rates are still low. Although mortgage rates have ticked up a bit, they are still low. With predictions for even higher rates, buyers will be looking for homes earlier this year.
Tips For Selling in Winter
- Keep your sidewalks, driveway and outdoor steps free of snow and ice to make it easy for potential buyers to enter your home.
- By neatly shoveling the snow, your home will look well maintained (just like a well-mowed lawn looks in the spring).
- Outdoor lights can make a home look quite attractive at dusk.
- Make your home feel warm and cozy by setting the thermostat to a comfortable temperature.
- It’s dark in winter, so be sure to have as much light come into your home as possible.
- Open drapes and blinds and turn on lights for showings.
- Add a warm throw blanket on a chair, couch or bed to add a sense of warmth to a room.