Rob Sibcy, President of Sibcy Cline Realtors, made the Swanepoel list of the “200 Most Powerful People in Residential Real Estate in 2013”. He was the only real estate broker recognized on this list from Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio; Northern Kentucky; and Southeastern Indiana.
Making things happen. That’s Rob Sibcy.
About Rob Sibcy
A 25-year-old Rob Sibcy assumed the title of President of Sibcy Cline Realtors in 1969 from his father with one office and 15 sales associates under his direction. The Sibcy Company acquired the Robert A. Cline Company in 1980, and with 250 agents the modern Sibcy Cline Realtors was born.
Rob has been known for being a trailblazer. In 1983, the company was the first area real estate company to provide mortgage services. A Sunday television show called Sibcy Cline Home Videos showcased the firm’s listings for 10 years from 1985-1995. With the emergence of the World Wide Web, Sibcy Cline began posting its listings on the Internet in 1995. At the time, Sibcy Cline was one of only two real estate websites nationally – and the only one locally – that featured photos of homes on the Internet. The firsts for Rob and Sibcy Cline can go on and on:
- 1996 – First to provide a centralized call center to set appointments for the region (The Appointment Center)
- 1997 – First in the region to publish a full-color inventory magazine
- 2000 – First in the region to offer insurance services
- 2000 – First in the region to provide Home Services Coordinators
- 2002 – First in the region to provide total residential MLS listings
- 2002 – First to utlilize variable data printing for personalized direct mail (Just Listed and Sold postcards)
- 2005 – First in the region to introduce a mobile website
- 2009 – Enable text messaging via The Listing Line to smart phones
- 2012 – Created an in-house app to facilitate the posting of photos of listings
- 2013 – Enabled full-screen photos of company listings on website
This list goes on and on….
Rob Sibcy graduated from Washington and Jefferson College with a B.S. in Economics. He has served on the board of directors of The Realty Alliance and is the current Chairman of the Board for Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, a global network of over 500 independent real estate companies with 120,000 sales associates in over 40 countries.
Outside of the industry, Rob serves on the Greater Cincinnati Foundation Finance Committee, the Board of Directors of ArtsWave (formerly the Fine Arts Fund), and on the Board of Directors of the Myers Y. Cooper Company and CBank.
How was the list complied by Swanepoel? The organization used this criteria when compiling the list of real estate professionals:
- Personal influence
- Tenure in the industry
- Decision-making power
- Financial resources for the company
- Contribution to the industry
- Geographic reach
- Recent activities, growth and potential of the candidate
See the entire Swanepoel list here.
Read a Business Courier article about Rob here.