It’s no secret that Cincinnati has a lot to offer when it comes to art, architecture, food and fun. The folks at Downtown Cincinnati Inc. have just made it easier to enjoy all that city has to offer with their ArtVenture tour itineraries. There are currently five different ‘themed’ tours, each under three miles long, for you to explore:
1. The Hometown Heroes tour focuses on artists from Cincinnati. This tour features works inspired by local artists such as Frank Duveneck, John A. Ruthven, and
2. The Music City tour highlights some of the city’s musically-inspired locations and artwork. On this tour you will see Memorial Hall and Cincinnati Music Hall. Make sure to see the colorful Singing Mural by Cincinnati-based and nationally renowned artist C. F. Payne.
3. The Old Ballgame tour revolves around Great American Ballpark where you can take in a Reds game or just stop by and see statues of many of the Reds greats including Joe Morgan, Joe Nuxhall, Ernie Lombardi, Ted Kluszewski, and Johnny Bench. There are also plenty of dining options and the beautiful river views from Smale Riverfront Park.
4. The Take in the History tour is centered around Cincinnati’s history and includes a mural and statue of Cincinnatus, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, and the National Steamboat Monument.
5. The Mother(lode) of Presidents tour is inspired by Ohio’s nickname, “The Mother of Presidents”. Eight presidents have come from Ohio (more than any other state!) and visits to The Taft Museum and the statues of William Henry Harrison and James A. Garfield are great reminders.
If you are the super-energetic type and finish all these tours, Downtown Cincinnati Inc. has loads of suggestions of places to visit downtown. Or you can create your own and share your discoveries with @downtowncincy by using #cincyartventure on Twitter and Instagram.