June Cincinnati home sales were 5% higher than June 2013 and the number of closings for the month were the highest since 2006. The average price of homes sold has increased year-over-yeard for 28 consecutive months.
June 2014 versus June 2013
- 4.97% Increase in units sold (2,450 vs 2,334)
- 5.29% Increase in gross sales volume
- .3% Increase in average sale price ($189,958 vs $189,386)
January – June 2014 versus January -June 2013
- -.53% Decrease in units sold (10,919 vs 10,977)
- 3.67% Increase in gross sales volume
- 4.22% Increase in average sale price ($170,778 vs $163,862)
The inventory of homes for sale is down 7% from the same time last year. Lower inventory along with higher buyer activity (and still-low interest rates) have pushed home prices higher.