Here is a list of 10 things to do to maintain your home during the fall season:
1. Check the exterior of your home for peeling paint. If paint is peeling, scrape it and repaint. This will protect your home from deterioration.
2. Clean the gutters and downspouts. Once the leaves have fallen be sure to clean your gutters.
3. Caulk the windows. Well-sealed windows prevent heat from escaping.
4. Inspect the roof. Look for missing or loose shingles. It is best to make repairs now before snow and ice cause water damage.
5. Fireplace inspection. Have your fireplace professionally serviced so it is in good working order and to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
6. Seal the driveway. Fill in the cracks and top with a sealer.
7. Ceiling fan rotation. Change the direction of your ceiling fan to clock wise to redistribute the warm air from the ceiling.
8. Cover the air conditioner. Protect the air conditioner from elements during the winter by covering it.
9. Turn off exterior hose bibs. This will prevent water pipes from bursting.
10. Divide perennials in the garden. Fall is a good time to divide or move perennials. Mulch them after the first hard freeze.
Need help with you home maintenance? Contact Sibcy Cline Home Services.