Janice Thoman, a Senior Sales Vice President with Sibcy Cline Lebanon, was recently interviewed by Karen Hill of Warren County Community Services on the Feelin’ Good! television show on the Lebanon channel. See the show here.
Janice spoke about the process of selling a home after living in one place for many years. She mentioned how some sellers are overwhelmed in the down-sizing process with the worry about what to do with all of one’s belongings as well as the concern of the home’s condition. As a SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist), Janice has the training to work with sellers and buyers throughout this type of real estate experience.
- Purchase a new home first and then move only the items you need. That way you can see what will fit into your new space
- Use Second Story Auctions to help you figure what items you want to sell for an online auction. This service will help you sort through your items. The sale is online with a preview day either at your home or their Blue Ash warehouse.
- Declutter your home! Make your home look as spacious as possible. The home needs to look neutral and depersonalized so buyers look at your home and not your personal belongings.
- Use Sibcy Cline Home Services to help with cleaning, painting or other services needed to get your home “market ready”.
- Consider selling your home via an auction.
- Use One-Stop Shopping at Sibcy Cline, including mortgage and insurance.
About Janice Thoman
Janice is a 20-year resident of Lebanon and has served on the Board of Directors for the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce, the Cedar City Garden Club and a volunteer with the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life.
She has earned a number of real estate sales honors throughout her career and has been recognized for her success by Sibcy Cline as well the local and state real estate associations. She holds five professional designations that show her commitment to excellence with her real estate career.