Congratulations – your home has sold! Here is a list of things you will need on moving day:
- Toilet paper, hand soap and paper towels – The new house may not have any so it is best to come prepared.
- Cash – You’ll want to tip your movers and probably order a pizza or two.
- Small tool kit – You may need your tools to open boxes or putting things together.
- Trash bags – When unwrapping boxes, you will build up your trash (and recycle piles.)
- Chargers and power strips – You’ll probably need to “plug in” things while unpacking. The chargers can keep your phone and other devices working.
- Soap, toothpaste and toothbrush – You should have easy access to your grooming kit and towels.
- Home cleaners – Hopefully, the former homeowners left your new home spotless, but just in case, it is a good idea to have some cleaning products handy: all-purpose cleaner, Clorox wipes and paper towels!
- Snacks – Unpacking is hard work. You’ll want to take a break with some liquid refreshment and snacks.
- Kitchen survival kit – If your dishes are packed away, it is good to have some disposable utensils, paper plates and cups nearby. A small box with kitchen supplies is not a bad idea, either. Include a can opener, cutting knife and a medium-sized pot.
- Pet food – The pooch or kitty needs to eat!
- Meds – Keep all medications that you take daily in your car.
- Kids’ stuff – If you have small children, be sure to have some favorite toys available so they stay occupied
Reblogged this on Exit Stage Left.