Springboro, Ohio is celebrating its bicentennial years from 1815-2015.
Here are some of the scheduled events to celebrate 200 years in Springboro:
- North Park – Fourth of July Festival and Fireworks- July 3-5, 2015
- Summer Concert Series at North Park – See the Springboro calendar for details
- Springboro Bicenntenial Celebration Day – July 25, 2015
- Ice Cream Social – Null Log Home – August 16, 2015
- Springboro Oktobertfest – September 11-13, 2015
- Haunted Hot Dog Roast – October 13, 2015
- Bicentennial Bash – Heatherwoode Golf Club – November 14, 2015
- Christmas in Springboro – November 20-22, 2015
- See more information here.
European settlers established roots in Springboro in the late 1790s and even more so following the Treaty of Greenville with General Anthony Wayne. In 1815, Jonathan Wright platted “Springborough” with 86 lots. In 1819 Quakers built a meeting house with local underground railroad activities starting in 1820. The area was a very important stop on the Underground Railroad and is the first city to erect an Ohio Underground Railroad Historic Marker.
Money magazine ranked Springboro among the Top 50 Places to Live in America in 2011.
See homes in Springboro here.