Has the military been part of your career? Think about living in Beavercreek, Ohio!
This city was ranked as #1 in the U.S. for military veterans by NerdWallet.com. The website looked at economic opportunities, availability of a military base, percentage of veterans in the region as well as veteran unemployment rates.
Beavercreek was at the top of the list and offers veterans:
- Close proximity to veterans’ services (13 miles from Wright-Patterson Air Force Base)
- Miami Valley Military Affairs Association – an organization that fosters military-community understanding and cooperation and is located at WPAFB
- OhioMeansJobs Green County Center is located in Xenia, Ohio (8 miles from Beavercreek)
- Dayton VA Medical Center is 15 miles from Beavercreek
- Military Veterans Resource Center in Dayton offers support for transportation, housing, food and employment
- HonorFlight Dayton coordinates free trips for WWII, Korean and Vietnam war vets to the national memorials in Washington D.C.
Read more from NerdWallet here.
See homes in Beavercreek here.