Forbes published its list of America’s Most Affordable Cities and Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio made this list. Cincinnati ranked #5 and Dayton ranked #8. Criteria for the ranking included comparing median home sales prices to family income as well as costs of groceries, utilities. transportation and health-care costs.
- Median Family Income: $68,500
- 2014 Median Home Sales Price: $133,000
- Cost Below National Average: Groceries -4.6%; Utilities – 5.9%; Transportation: 0.2%; Health Care: 0.3%
- Median Family Income: $60,200
- 2014 Median Home Sales Price: $104,000
- Cost Below National Average: Groceries -6.4%; Utilities – 7.6%; Transportation: 1.7%; Health Care: 11.8%
What city ranked as the most affordable? Birmingham, Alabama.
See the rankings here.
See homes for sale in Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio; Northern Kentucky; and Southeastern Indiana here.