A clean home is a breath of fresh air! When you have your house on the market to sell, it needs to be cleaner than clean, top to bottom. Here is what you need to do to have a clean home:
The Deep Cleanse
Either use your own elbow grease or high a professional to give your home a deep clean. Vents, baseboards, blinds and cabinets need to be cleaned. Carpets should be steam cleaned. Walls and windows should be washed.
Now is the time to rid your home of its clutter. If you have not used something in a while, why do you have it in your home? Your stuff needs to be pared down. Give it away, donate it or sell it (with an online auction website like Second Story Auctions.) Go one room at a time and purge. Be ruthless.
Most Important Rooms
The living or great room, dining room, kitchen, master bedroom and bathrooms are the most important rooms to a buyer. Make sure these rooms are super clean. Kitchens and bathrooms need special attention. Tile grout should be immaculate. The refrigerator’s interior should be clean and organized.
How to Maintain the Clean
- Use disposable wipes for the bathroom and kitchen.
- Scented cleaner placed in your toilets bowls at night will make the bathroom smell great the next day.
- Microfiber cloths are great for quick dusting and polishing. (And, they can be washed!)
- Keep a bucket of cleaning products on each floor of your home. This will make cleaning easier.
- Have rugs or mats located at all entrances to catch dirt that comes into the house.
- Put family members in charge of certain rooms for easier maintenance.
- Make your bed every day.
See more cleaning tips here.
Need assistance with the cleaning of your home? Contact Sibcy Cline Home Services. We can recommend cleaning service vendors to you.