Home sales in Southeastern Indiana for June 2016 were strong. The number of homes sold dipped by only 4.3% as compared to June 2015. Year to date, home sales have increase 2.2% over last year’s sales. The average price of homes rose 13.5% and the median sale price rose 11.1%.
June 2016 vs June 2015
- -4.3% Decrease in number of homes sold (132 homes vs 138 homes)
- 13.5% Increase in average sale price ($159,622 vs $140,665)
- 11.1% Increase in median sale price ($144,475 vs $130,000)
- 8.5% Increase in sales volume
January – June 2016 vs January – June 2015
- 2.2% Increase in number of homes sold (561 homes vs 549 homes)
- 5.4% Increase in average sale price ($148,360 vs $140,713)
- 7.4% Increase in median sale price ($137,500 vs $128,000)
- 7.7% Increase in sales volume
Sibcy Cline agents had a 28.6% increase in the number of Southeastern Indiana homes sold in June 2016. Their average days on market was 78 days (while the Southeastern Indiana Association of Realtors had an average of 110 days.)
Statistics courtesy of: Rick McMillin, Vice President/Sales Manager of Sibcy Cline Harrison and the Southeastern Indiana Association of Realtors Home Sales Report, June 2016.