Ride on! The Cincinnati streetcar aka the Cincinnati Bell Connector is celebrating its opening weekend with some free events! Start riding the streetcar on Friday, September 9, 2016. Rides will be free from September 9-11.
What else is happing that weekend? All of downtown and Over-the-Rhine is celebrating the streetcar’s debut:
- Head down to Smale Park and ride Carol Ann’s Carousel for free all weekend.
- Washington Park is hosting an ArtsWave Sunday on September 11 from 12pm-5pm
- ArtWorks is creating chalk art at many of the streetcar stations
- Smale Park is hosting a Cheese Festival on September 10
- Enjoy Cincy Beer Fest at Fountain Square on September 9 and 10
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center and the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum are offering buy-one-get-one-free tickets
- Many of the stores and restaurants along the streetcar route will be offering special discounts
- Jack Casino is offering a half-price buffet
- Cincinnati Public Library has a streetcar history display and free streetcar calendars
See more details here about what is happening at each streetcar station stop.
Will there be crowds?
Probably. Cincinnati Metro Bus Service will have a free bus that will circulate the streetcar route to handle overflow crowds.
Read more about the Cincinnati streetcar here.