The official day to honor our veterans is on Friday, November 11, 2016. This day coincides with Armistice Day and Remembrance Day (a world-wide observance of the end of WWI on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918). Armistice Day officially became Veteran’s Day in 1954 when President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed a bill.
President Eisenhower said, “I do hereby call upon all of our citizens to observe November 11 as Veterans Day. On that day let us solemnly remember the sacrifices of all those who fought so valiantly on the seas, in the air and on foreign shores, to preserve our heritage of freedom …”
There are more than 21 million veterans currently living in the U.S.
We thank all of our veterans who have sacrificed to make our country safe. You are our heroes!
Observe Veteran’s Day in Your Community
- Here is are links to various Veteran’s Day events from November 11- 13, 2016 throughout the greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky areas.
- Links to freebies for Veterans.
Parades and Ceremonies
- Blue Ash Veterans Day Parade
- Beavercreek Veterans Day Ceremony
- Batavia Veterans Day Parade