Rob Sibcy, President/CEO of Sibcy Cline Realtors, was ranked #75 of the most powerful 200 people in residential real estate for 2017 by Swanepoel. This yearly list measures the real estate movers and shakers in the U.S. and Canada.
About Rob Sibcy
In 2015, Rob Sibcy celebrated his 50th anniversary as a real estate professional. He acquired his real estate license in 1965 upon graduating with an Economics degree from Washington and Jefferson College. At the time his father, Bob, owned Sibcy Realtors which consisted of one office and 15-20 real estate agents.
When Rob was 25 years old in 1968, his father suffered a heart attack and several debilitating strokes. One day Rob was a real estate agent and the next he became president with no time for grooming to take over the business. His goal at that time was to make the business flourish and grow. Rob took the company from a modest business to the largest regional residential real estate firm with over 1,200 real estate agents and 23 office locations.
Besides heading up Sibcy Cline Realtors and its affiliates, Rob has been involved as a founding member and former Chairman of the Board with Leading Real Estate Companies of the World (a global network of over 550 independent real estate companies from 60 countries). He currently serves on the finance committee for ArtsWave (formerly Fine Arts Fund) and is on the board of directors of the Myers Y. Cooper Company and CBank.
Highlights of Rob’s Career
- 1980 – Acquired the Robert A. Cline Company and its 235 agents – Sibcy Cline Realtors was now established
- 1983 – Sibcy Cline Mortgage Services established (first area real estate company to provide mortgage services)
- 1985-1995 – Sibcy Cline Home Videos television show featured listed homes weekly
- 1995 – http://www.sibcycline.com goes live on the Internet (one of only two real estate companies with a real estate website in the U.S.)
- 1996 – The Appointment Center is established (first in area to provide a call center)
- 1997 – Inventory magazine in full color and The Listing Line is established
- 2000 – First in the region to offer insurance services
- 2000 – First in the region to provide home service coordinators
- 2002 – First in the region to provide total MLS listings on the company’s website
- 2005 – First in the region to introduce a mobile website
- 2009 – Text messaging enables via The Listing to smart phones; social media introduced
- 2012 – In-house app created to facilitate the the posting of photos new new listings onto the website – Snap App!
- 2013 – Full-screen photos of company listings on Sibcy Cline’s website
- 2014 – Sibcy Cline is ranked #31 nationally
- 2015 – Client Log In created for public website
- 2016 – Record number of visits to website: 60,000 visits on April 18, 2016
- 2016 – Agents can now share testimonials via Testimonial Tree