Monday, January 16, 2017 is a national holiday as we celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Day. Here are some things to do in remembrance of this great man and inspiration leader:
CINCINNATI, OHIO AND NORTHERN KENTUCKY
- Visit the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center today.
- Interfaith Vesper service at January 15, 2017 – 5pm -Zion Baptist Church in Avondale
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center – Civil rights march, Interfaith prayer service and celebration at the Taft Theatre. See more info here.
- March for Unity in Our Community – The Square at Union Centre in West Chester Township (12pm)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Program (12-1pm) – Atrium Medical Center in Middletown
- Florence, Kentucky has a march planned near the Government Square at 3pm on January 18, 2016.
- MLK Musical Celebration – 6:30pm at the Resurrection Lutheran Church in Lebanon, Ohio.
- National Day of Service: MLS Day – 1-3pm at Countryside YMCA in Lebanon
- Spend the Day the MLS Way – (2-3pm) at the Blue Manatee Childrens Bookstore in Oakley/Cincinnati, Ohio
- Participate in the MLK Memorial March and Rally at 10 am on January 16, 2017 at 10am . The march starts at the Charles Drew Health Center on West Third Street and ends at the Dayton Convention Center.
- The Martin Luther King Memorial Rally is at 11am on January 16, 2017 at the Dayton Convention Center. (22 E. Fifth Street)
- MLS Celebration Banquet – January 16, 2017 at 6pm at the Dayton Convention Center
- MLK Day at the Kettering Recreation Complex – January 16, 2017 from 8am-5pm) – all kinds of activities for the kids
Read the entire script of the “I Have a Dream” speech.