Dayton, Ohio’s The Century Bar (10 S. Jefferson Street) received recognition from The Bourbon Review. The magazine listed the establishment among America’s 55 Best Bourbon Bars.
The Century Bar offers 150 different whiskeys (87 are bourbon) and is one of Dayton’s oldest bars with an establishment year of 1862. The site was originally the Kette & Sons Rye Whiskey Distillery. The bar regularly offers blind tastings of bourbon.
Criteria for the ranking included:
- Bourbon is showcased and/or great selection of bourbon
- Patrons are educated about bourbon
Did Kentucky – the home of bourbon – have an advantage for the rankings? Yes, it did. 95% of bourbon is produced in the Bluegrass state and so the area knows its whiskey.
- Read The Bourbon Review article here.
- Read a recent article about The Century Bar in the Business Journal here.
- Follow The Century Bar on Facebook here.