The National Association of Home Builders/Wells Fargo Housing Market Index released its statistics for September 2014 and reports builder confidence in the U.S. market for newly built, single-family homes rose for the 4th consecutive month. The gain for new construction is the highest rating since November 2005.
The monthly survey index gauges the builder’s perception of home sales for the next six months and rating prospective buying traffic. Read more about this topic here.
Interested in building a new home? Look at Sibcy Cline’s builders and developments here.
Per a Business Courier article, the Home Builders Association of Greater Cincinnati is reporting a 17% increase in new home sales for the first six months of 2013 as compared to 2012.
New Construction Trends
- Smaller homes (national average square footage is down 13%)
- Private outdoor spaces and connecting indoor/outdoor access – People want privacy when they are outside and an extension from the house to their outdoor spaces
- Covered outdoor rooms – Covered outdoor rooms become a second family room and feature comfortable couches and flat screens
- Larger garages
- Home offices
- Technology to support mobile devices, tablets and all charging needs
- More seating in the media rooms
- Larger kitchens with room for entertaining
- Dogs – 37% of U.S. households have a pooch. Homeowners are looking for doggie doors, pet showers and other pet-styled items for the home!
Thinking of building a new home? Sibcy Cline Realtors represents many fine builders throughout Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio; Northern Kentucky; and Southeastern Indiana.
See the Business Courier article here. Read more about housing trends from Builder Magazine here.
The Northern Kentucky Homefest home show will be held from August 10-25, 2013 in Triple Crown – The Equestrian in Richwood, Kentucky. The new home show will feature area builders with fully decorated models. Homes in the show are starting at $500,000.
Triple Crown is a beautiful community with rolling hills, a top-rated golf course and southern-style clubhouse. In addition to golf, the country club offers a swimming pool. tennis courts and driving range. (Membership is an option for those who live in the neighborhood.) The area is highlighted with beautiful walking trail and is convenient to shopping, the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and interstate highways.
Tickets will cost $10.00.