January – November 2013 vs 2012
- 17% Increase in Sales Units (12,530 unit sales)
- 19% Increase in Sales Volume
Home sales in Dayton, Ohio were up 9% for November 2013:
November 2013 vs November 2012
- 8.95% Increase in Sales Units (1,289 vs 1.356)
- 5.83% Increase in Total List Price
- 6.02% Increase in Total Sale Price
- 5.14% Decrease in Median Sales Price ($101,500 vs $107,000)
- 2.68% Decrease in Average Sales Price ($118,472 vs $121,748)
Graphs courtesy of: Dayton Area Board of Realtors Home Sales Report – November 2013
Dayton, Ohio home sales were up 11% in October 2013 as compared to October 2012. Here are the details:
October 2013 vs October 2012
- 2.58% Increase in listings (1,751 vs 1,707)
- 11.09% Increase in sales units (1,162 vs 1,046)
- 6.11% Increase in sales volume
- .62% Increase in % sale to % list price (95.34% vs 94.75%)
- -4.48% Decrease in average sale price ($117,852 vs $123,384)
- -9.18% Decrease in median sale price ($99,900 vs $110,000)
Year-To-Date January – October 2013 vs 2012
- 17.3% Increase in sales units
- 20% Increase in sales volume
- 2.4% Increase in average sale price ($125,975)
- 2.8% increase in median sale price ($108,000)
Statistics sourced from: Dayton Area Board of Realtors October Report
Dayton, Ohio, the birthplace of aviation, is also a very creative city! It was ranked #4 of the most creative mid-sized U.S. cities by the real estate website Movoto.
- Dayton has 15+ performing arts organizations and some with national recognition like the Dayton Contemporary Dance Company
- See lots of Dayton arts here!
How did Movoto Create this Ranking?
- Art supply stores per capita
- Music instrument stores and teachers per capita
- Galleries per capita
- Art schools per capita
- Bookstores per capita
- Colleges per capita
- Theaters per capita
What mid-sized city was number one? Salt Lake City, Utah.
See all of the rankings here.
September 2013 home sales were strong for Dayton, Ohio with a 21% increase as compared to September 2012.
September 2013 Home Sales as Compared to September 2012
- 18.46% Increase in the number of single-family listings
- 21.26% Increase in home sales
- -.07% decrease in average sale price ($124,454 from $124,536)
At the end of September there were 7,6154 listed properties for sales which is a five to seven month supply of inventory.
Mortgage rates remain low.
It’s a great time to buy and sell a home!
Data provided by the Dayton Area Board of Realtors Home Sales Report.
Harry Dornheggen of Sibcy Cline Hyde Park is wearing his new SC cyclist shirt!
Biking has made a resurgence in popularity. Bike trails have grown exponentially and cyclists are seen just about everywhere.
What Good Things Happen When Biking?
If you bike to work you reduce your household emissions by 6%. And, bikes can be up to 50% faster than cars during rush hour.
Cars make .97 pounds of pollution per mile each year. Bikes produce none.
Thirty minutes of biking daily can save you $554 yearly on healthcare costs.
Less Resources Used
Bike use fewer natural resources to be made than cars. (A car makes 1.2 billion cubic yards of pollution when produced.) Less rubber is used in making bikes which helps our forests.
Support of Local Businesses
Bikers tend to keep their trips shorter and shop closer to home.
Many Sibcy Cline agents and employees are cycling!
We just received an order of our own personalized Sibcy Cline Cyclist Shirts for 18 Sibcy Cline agents, managers and employees. We hope they send us photos soon of themselves on their bikes with their special shirts!
Interested in learning more about cycling trails in Cincinnati? Go here and here and here.
Did you know? Bicycling.com ranked Dayton #45 in 2012 for bike-friendlly U.S. cities.
- Dayton, Ohio has a map of its biking trails here.
- And read more about biking in Dayton here.
Source of information: Motovo.com
The Sibcy Cline Vandalia office participated in the 23rd Annual Business Community Expo hosted by the Vandalia-Butler Chamber of Commerce. The expo was held at the Dayton Airport Expo Center.
It was a great opportunity for Mike Pierson, Vice President/Sales Manager of Sibcy Cline Vandalia along with Mary Nazzarine, Sibcy Cline Executive Recruiter, to meet the Vandalia business community.
As you can see from the photos above, Mary had a great time seeing if Gem (the Dayton Dragons Mascot) wanted to become a Sibcy Cline Agent!
Mary, what did Gem say?
It’s going to be a great weekend to be out and about. And, it you live in Dayton, Ohio, and are feeling a little German, then plan on attending the Oktoberfest. It’s from September 27-29, 2013 at The Dayton Art Institute.
What’s happening at the Oktoberfest? Lots!
- German (as well as American) food to try
- Domestic, international and craft beers to sip (Go here for more information about Dayton craft breweries
- Activities for the kids
- Live music including some fun polka and German bands!
Now, if you are “into” the football scene, do not worry. The festival will have four large-screen monitors airing the games.
Need more information? Go here.