Graduating Class of the Leadership Development Program
Anne Goss of Sibcy Cline Vandalia and Cyndi Scarpelli of Sibcy Cline Beavercreek were invited to participate in the Dayton Area Board of Realtors’ Leadership Academy for Dayton.
This six-month program incorporated leadership training for both future real estate industry and community leadership roles. Those who participated in the program enjoyed learning from guest speakers as well as a visit to the Ohio Association of Realtors in Columbus.
The academy was created in 2013 by the Dayton Area Board of Realtors as a way to cultivate new talent within the organization. Participants were encouraged to become stewards for the organization as well as the community.
A Realtor with the Sibcy Cline Vandalia office, Anne Goss began her real estate career in 1977 and has shown great success with her sales throughout the years. She has earned numerous local and state real estate sales honors. Anne has served on the Women’s Council of Realtors in Dayton and is now the president of this organization for 2013 and 2014. She is also the Director of Resources for Women in Business Networking.
Cyndi Scarpelli has been a real estate professional since 2002. She is a member of the “3 Hearts Committee” that supports various local charity organizations with fundraising efforts. She has also served on the Community Service Task Force and Grievance Committee for the Dayton Area Board of Realtors. Cyndi is Vice President/Sales Manager for the Sibcy Cline Beavercreek office.
Da dah da dah da da… It looks like H&M, a very popular fashion retailer, is coming soon to Dayton, Ohio at The Mall at Fairfield Commons in Beavercreek, Ohio.
This retailer is in the midst of working through their building permits per the Business Journal.
Some facts about H&M…
- Established in 1947 in Sweden
- Employs 150 in-house designers
- Has over 15 million likes on Facebook!
- H stands for Hennes; M stands for Mauritz (Hennes & Mauritz AB)
Our Sibcy Cline Beavercreek Agents are going to be styling!
Homes were selling briskly in Dayton, Ohio during the month of June! Here are the statistics:
- 24.35% Increase in home sales units
- 36.01% iIncrease in home sales volume
- 9.27% Increase in average sale price ($142,288)
- 10.22% Increase in median sale price ($124,000)
Listings submitted in the month of June showed a 12.8% increase over June 2013. This is the third straight month of increases in listings as compared to the same time period in 2012.
It is a great time to be selling and buying a home in Dayton, Ohio. Mortgage interest rates are still very reasonable and home prices are just starting to rise.
Graphs courtesy of: DABR.com
The site for the Dayton, Ohio Homearama 2014 home show has been selected and will be at Auteur Estates in Clearcreek Township. The show will be held in June 2014. There are currently three homes committed to be built.
About Auteur Estates:
- 66 acres and 31 custom home sites
- No pass-through traffic and only one entrance
- 70+ acres of protected natural habitat with ponds and streams
- Award-winning landscaping
- Natural stone entrance tower
- Underground storm sewer system – the only estate community in Warren County to offer this!
This homesite is convenient to both the Dayton and Cincinnati markets. With easy access to I-75, this area is close to dining, shopping, hospitals and the Dayton International Airport. It is convenient to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
Thinking about building your new dream home? Contact a Sibcy Cline Agent who can you through the process!
Homes are selling in Dayton, Ohio. In May, the area had an 11.3% increase in sales as compared to May 2012.
- Median sale price rose 3.8% to $110,000
- Average sale price declined 1.1% to $130,000
Dayton, Ohio currently has 5.8 months of homes available for sale (based on the rate of May sales) as compared to 7-month supply in May 2012 and 9.2-month supply in May 2011.
Homes properly priced and in ready-to-sell condition are selling quickly.
According to a NerdWallet.com analysis, Dayton, Ohio is ranked number 8 as one of the most-affordable cities to buy a home in the United States.
NerdWallet compared average home-sale prices to the median household income of all metropolitan areas in the country. In Dayton, a home can be purchased for 2.08 times the median household income of $45,765.
What city was the most expensive to purchase a home? Honolulu.
What city had the most affordable cost of housing? South Bend, Indiana.
Cincinnati, Ohio ranked at number 18 for affordable places to buy a home.
See the report here.
The Brookings Institution has released a study that ranked Dayton, Ohio among the top ten areas in the U.S. for jobs in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Dayton’s STEM jobs are comprised of 80,710 people or 23% of the Dayton workforce.
STEM jobs are among the highest paying positions, with an average of $66,700 versus $35,554 for other fields.
Read more about this study from the Dayton Business Journal here.
View the Brookings report here.
Sibcy Cline Home Services was established in 2000 as a support team offering the coordination of home-related services and vendors. Since that time, thousands of home owners have taken advantage of this free service.
- No fee to join Sibcy Cline Home Services
- The service is available to anyone living in Greater Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio; Northern Kentucky; and Southeastern Indiana
- Sibcy Cline Home Service vendors are vetted so you feel confident in their performance
Do you need help with…
- Home inspection
- Home staging
- New carpeting or other types of flooring
- Moving estimates
- Heating, cooling or plumbing
- Remodeling or renovations
- Deck building
- Roof repair or replacement
- Gutter repair or replacement
See the home service vendor list here.
Some unique home-related services you may need:
- Furniture repair
- Kitchen or Bathroom cabinet repair or refreshing or recoloring
- Tile and stone restoration
- New appliances – one of our vendors has an appliance close-out center with 200 models on display
- Glass specialists – Including glass block, mirrors, tabletops or window film
- Wood floor refinishing – sandless or dustless options are available with a 5-year warranty with most jobs completed in one day
Contact Sibcy Cline Home Services here or call:
513-985-9565 or 888-969-9944
Monday – Friday 8:30am -5:30pm
Dayton, Ohio has been ranked among the top 10 smaller destination U.S. cities for college graduates by CreditDonkey.com, a credit card comparison and financial education website.
Dayton – the sixth largest Ohio city – is attractive to new graduates because:
- Median Dayton income is $43,800 (The city offers a good wage for starting a career.)
- Bachelor’s degree boosts earning power by 85.5%
- Low cost of living in Dayton
Read the entire article here.
April 2013 saw home prices and home sales rise throughout Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio; Northern Kentucky; and Southeastern Indiana. The statistics show a continuing trend of the stabilization of the real estate market for our region.
Cincinnati April Statistics
- $121,000 Media sale price – 6.6% increase from April 2012
- 1,919 Home sold – 24.1% increase from April 2012
- 10,148 Number of homes for sale on the market – 15.3% decrease from April 2012
Northern Kentucky Statistics
- $131,500 Average sale price – 4% increase from April 2012
- 469 Homes sold – 17.25% increase from April 2012
- 5.9% decrease in the number of homes for sale on the market as compared to April 2012
- $124,000 Average sale price – .9% increase from April 2012
- 14.5% Increase in homes sales as compared to April 2012
- Dayton, Ohio has posted 22 month of continuous sales gains – This is the longest time period of uninterrupted growth in 16 years
Southeast Indiana Statistics
- $101,000 Median sale price – 15% decrease from April 2012
- 85 Homes sold – 16.4% increase from April 2012