Well, the Beast officially opened on April 14, 1979 in Mason, Ohio, so we missed the birthday by a couple months, but we can celebrate its 35th anniversary all year. According to the Kings Island website, at the time of the Beast’s grand opening it was considered “America’s ultimate roller coaster”, breaking records as the longest and fastest ride in the world. It still is the longest wooden roller coaster in the world. Let’s take a look at some of the Beast’s amazing statistics:
• 1.4 mile-long track with a ride time of over four minutes
• Vertical drops of 135 feet and 141 feet
• Eight banked turns, some to 45 degrees
• A massive, 540-degree helix tunnel near the end
• Speeds over 60 miles per hour
• Over 48,000,000 million rides have been taken by park visitors
• 1980 was the record year for the most number of rides. There were 2,150,353!
Check out Cincinnati Magazine’s full-length article on the history and background of the Beast. Great story!
Video courtesy of Cincinnati Magazine.
A new home development is underway by M/I Homes in Mason, Ohio. Called Alverta, the site will include 125 single-family homes located at the former Western Row Golf Course at the corner of Mason-Montgomery Road and Western Row. The site will include two-story and ranch homes as well as neo-traditional homes with limited maintenance. The community will have 12 acres of green space with a park, two ponds and community gardens.
- Home prices are estimated to start in the mid $300,000s.
- Read more about this development in a Business Courier article here.
Thinking of building a new home? Contact your favorite Sibcy Cline agent to help guide you through the process. Why?
- Your agent will give you negotiating power
- A new home is a large investment – you need a professional to guide you from contract, through selections to the closing table
Amusement Today magazine bestowed a 13th consecutive “Golden Ticket” award to Kings Island with a Best Kids’ Area honor for Planet Snoopy.
This area has all kinds of Peanuts-themed rides, with several roller coasters, live shows and many meet-and-greet opportunities for the kids (and adults.)
See all of the winners here.
Mason, Ohio was ranked by CNNMoney as number seven of the “Top Ten Places To Live – America’s Best Small Towns”. See the list of ranking towns here.
Mason, Ohio offers a vibrant living experience and is considered to be “Ohio’s Largest Playground”. Here is some of what you can enjoy in Mason:
Mason has a charming, historic “downtown” with local shops, businesses and restaurants. Other shopping opportunities include nearby Deerfield Towne Center and as well as other nearby big box stores located at the Voice of America Shopping Centre.
Mason was named the 100th safest city in America in February 2013.
Did You Know?
Actor George Clooney attended Mason’s Western Row Elementary and St. Susanna school in Mason! (See more about Sibcy Cline’s connection to George Clooney here.)
What kind of homes are in Mason, Ohio?
Homes of all price points and styles are found here. Mason residents enjoy older and newly built homes, condominiums, as well as lifestyle homes.