Several area counties were among the top in Ohio for personal income growth as reported by On Numbers.
- Warren County – #2 (509% increase)
- Clermont County – #4 (279% increase)
- Butler County – #6 (234% increase)
- Greene County – #7 ( 226% increase)
- Hamilton County – #14 (154% increase)
- Montgomery County – #16 (121% increase)
To realize an increase, the counties needed to experience either an increase in population or a boost in the amount earned by each resident. If both of those factors increased, it is a strong indication of positive economic expansion.
What Ohio County ranked #1? Delaware County (in northern Columbus) grew by 954%.
The fastest growth rate area in the U.S. goes to Douglas County in Colorado which grew by 2,083%. This area was formerly ranch land that has since been suburbanized.
Want to see more states? Go here and scroll down to the search box.
Great news for Montgomery County in Dayton, Ohio. Plans are in place for $1.8 million in economic projects that should bring in tens of millions of dollars for investments with a possibility of 400 new jobs.
Some of these projects include:
- Eco-Groupe Inc. – Investment for machinery for its research and development needs. This company is projecting hire 60+ people in the next three years
- IDX Corporation – Relocation of its operation and an expansion and renovation of its business
- FC Industries – Building upgrades with new equipment and the addition of 40 jobs in three years
- All Service Plastic Molding – Expansion to its facility and the additional of 50 jobs
- Spears Transfer & Expediting – Construction of a new facility and the addition of 8 new jobs
- Value Added Packaging – Expansion of its manufacturing site and 13 new jobs in the next 3 years
- Malt Products – Construction of a new malt plant (replacing one in New Jersey) with 30 jobs create in the next 2 years
- Heidelberg Distributing – Headquarters are being relocated and 20 new jobs will be created
- Crown Partners – New office space with 33 new jobs created
Read the Business Journal article here.