Many of us know all too well how difficult it can be to find the time to make home improvements, updates, or repairs. If you’re anything like me, you will spend more time considering all the options, costs, and the potential hang-ups of a project than it would probably take to complete it. Below is a list of quick remodel and maintenance projects you can complete in under an hour.
– Clean Dryer Ducts
– Pressure Wash
– Replace Furnace Filter
– Drain Water Heater
– Shampoo Rugs
– Paint an Accent Wall
– Switch Out a Faucet
– Update Cabinet Hardware
– Install a Programmable Thermostat
– Install Light Dimmers
Here are some more ideas and instructions for 60-minute home improvements.
Still don’t have time to tackle all the projects on your list?
Contact Sibcy Cline Home Services.
Can home improvement bring a return when it is time to sell? Some projects can.
Remodeling Magazine posts a yearly report of 35 projects with their costs and return of value. This is the second-year-in-a-row that all 35 projects saw more home improvement dollars recouped upon the resale of the home than the previous year.
What Should I Remodel?
Here are a few midrange projects for our area with average costs and the percentage recouped when the home sells:
- Attic Bedroom – $48,500 average cost recouping 110.6%
- Backup Power Generator – $11,500 average cost recouping 119.8%
- Basement Remodel – $61,300 average cost recouping 71.8%
- Bathroom Addition – $37,300 average cost recouping 73.4%
- Basement Remodel – $15,700 average cost recouping 57.8%
- Composite Deck Addition – $15,400 average cost recouping 96.9%
- Wood Deck Addition – $9,300 average cost recouping 127.3%
- Entry Door Replacement (Fiberglass) – $2,800 average cost recouping 64.7%
- Entry Door Replacement (Steel) – $1,143 average cost recouping 91.3%
- Family Room Addition – $69,150 average cost recouping 68.2%
Want to read more? See the Cost Vs Value Report from Remodeling Magazine here. Data is available per region and large urban areas including Cincinnati, Ohio.
Need help with your remodeling project? Sibcy Cline Home Services can suggest vetted contractors to you.