Rob Sibcy, President of Sibcy Cline Realtors, has made the Swanepoel “Power 200” list ranking of the top most powerful U.S. and Canadian real estate professionals for 2015 and 2016. Over 1,000 leaders were interviewed and researched for this list. Rob ranked at #65.
See the rankings here.
About Rob Sibcy
Rob has been at the helm for Sibcy Realtors since he was 25 years old. At that time, he suddenly took over as president when his father suffered a debilitating stroke and later passed away. There was one office and 15 agents with the Sibcy Company at that time.
In 1980, the company had grown to six offices and 150 agents. That year, Rob acquired the Robert A. Cline Company and with its 235 agents, “Sibcy Cline Realtors” was established.
Here are some highlights from Rob’s career:
- 1983 – Sibcy Cline Mortgage Services established as the first area real estate company to provide such a service
- 1985-1995 – Sibcy Cline Home Videos television show showcased the company’s listings for 10 years on a weekly basis
- 1995 – Sibcy Cline’s website is live. At the time, Sibcy Cline was one of only two real estate websites nationally – and the only one locally – that featured photos of homes on the Internet
- 1996 – First in the area to provide a centralized call center to set showing appointments (The Appointment Center)
- 1997 – First in the region to publish a full-color inventory magazine
- 2000 – First in the area to offer insurance services
- 2000 – First in the region to provide Home Services Coordinators
- 2002 – First in the region to provide total residential MLS listings on the company’s website
- 2005 – First in the region to introduce a mobile website
- 2009 – Text messaging enabled via The Listing Line to smart phones
- 2012 – In-house app created to facilitate the posting of photos of listings onto the website
- 2013 – Full-screen photos of company listings on website
- 2014 – Founded online auction website to sell household goods
- 2015 – Agent app developed to encourage sale calls
- 2015 – Sibcy Cline’s website ranked among the top 250 real estate websites in the US and Canada
Who is Rob Sibcy?
Rob graduated from Washington and Jefferson College with a B.S. in Economics. He has served on the board of directors of The Realty Alliance and is a founding member and former Chairman of the Board for Leading Real Estate Companies of the World, a global network of over 500 independent real estate companies with 120,000 sales associates in over 50 countries.
Rob serves on the Greater Cincinnati Foundation Finance Committee, the Board of Directors of ArtsWave (formerly the Fine Arts Fund), and on the Board of Directors of the Myers Y. Cooper Company and CBank.
Get ready for some fun with the Sibcy Cline Vandalia office on October 24, 2013 at their United Way Auction!
This auction will have some great items available for bidding. Sibcy Cline Auctioneer Jon Carr will be emceeing this event and keep the bids coming in to benefit The United Way.
Some of the goodies to be auctioned off include:
- Ohio State Men’s Basketball Tickets
- University of Dayton Men’s Basketball Tickets
- Two Girls Bikes
- Floral Arrangement
- Electric Blower
- BBQ Tool Set
- Gift Cards to Local Vendors
- Dayton Dragon’s Basket
- Kitchen Basket
- …And more!
The auction will start at 6:00pm at the Celebrations Banquet Center:
3119 Stop Eight Road
Dayton, Ohio 45414
Need more information? Contact Mike Pierson or Julie Larger at 937-898-1234.
Bob Mahoney, Robin Sheakley and Rob Sibcy
Fenway Park in Boston
Rob Sibcy and Robin Sheakley
Robin Sheakley, Bob Mahoney and Rob Sibcy attended The Realty Alliance meeting in Boston, Massachusetts. This organization is a network of North America’s elite real estate companies, with members serving most major market areas on the continent. The group shares real estate ideas and solutions. Robin is currently serving as a board member of this organization.
While in Boston, Robin, Bob and Rob took a tour of Fenway Park, the oldest baseball stadium which was constructed in 1912. Little known facts: The Red Sox have a patent on the paint color “Fenway” green. And, the team’s scoreboard is one of the last manually operated systems.
Robin Sheakley, author Hal Gregersen and Rob Sibcy
The three met author Hal Gregersen while at the meeting. Hal is a professor of leadership at INSEAD, one of the world’s leading graduate business schools. Look at some of his business strategy books here.
Sibcy Cline Realtors is the exclusive regional member of Luxury Portfolio International, adding further marketing exposure for its high-end, luxury-style listings.
Luxury Portfolio International provides first-class, world-wide exposure to the affluent consumer and is now featuring a branded print ad in The Met’s 2013-14 Season Book. New York’s affluent opera lovers read this publication to learn all about the opera’s newest productions.
(Singing) We hope Met attendees enjoy seeing the beautiful homes in the Luxury Portfolio ad and look for more Luxury Portfolio homes online!
Southeastern Indiana home sales from January through September 2013 had a 12.2% increase.
Year-To-Date Statistics (January – June 2013 as compared to 2012)
- 12.2% increase in unit sales volume
- 11.9% increase in gross sales volume
- 5.5% increase in median selling price
September Statistics (as compared to September 2012)
- 1.3% decrease in unit sales volume
- Less than 1% decrease in gross sales volume
- 1.2% increase in average sale price ($141,188 versus $139,450)
Sibcy Cline Realtors Southeast Indiana Sales – Year-To-Date Statistics
- 91.7% increase in unit sales volume
- $181,614 average sale price
- $174,450 median sale price
- Sibcy Cline Realtors has a higher median sale price over the entire SEIBR board through the first nine months of 2013: $174,450 versus $125,000
- Sibcy Cline’s listings are also selling in shorter average time than the SEIBR board (146 days versus 150 days)
Statistics compiled by Rick McMillin, Vice President and Sales Manager of Sibcy Cline Harrison.
Statistics source: SEIBR Home Sold Report from October 1, 2013
Marcie Rottinghaus, Vice President and Sales Manager of the Sibcy Cline Campbell County office, has been elected as a 2014 Director for the Northern Kentucky Association of Realtors.
Marcie joined Sibcy Cline Realtors in 2009. She holds a Bachelor’s degree from Bowling Green State University and was a human resources manager and new homes sales representative prior to her affiliation with Sibcy Cline.
Marcie resides in Cold Spring, Kentucky. She is active in St. Joseph Parish and School with various volunteer commitments, including coaching, tutoring and fundraising.
Says Marcie, “I ran for Director of the Northern Kentucky Association of Realtors because it’s important to be involved in our association and continue to help the organization grow. I look forward to working with my fellow Realtors and to serving the membership with a focus on the future!”
We spend most of our waking hours at our jobs – is kindness displayed where you work?
Sibcy Cline agents impact people’s lives every day. They help people reach that dream of a new home. Or, they assist in the sale of a home so someone can move on to a new home, new city or new life.
Why do they do it? They love helping people.
And, by making a conscientious decision to work with kindness, they help make some of the stressful aspects of purchasing or selling a home, into more positive situations. A genuine smile and positive attitude does work miracles.
Lyn Watson in a Character First blog wrote about “10 Ways to Show Kindness at Work”. Here they are:
- Never begin a sentence with YOU
- Encourage others
- Focus on others and less on self
- Choose words wisely
- Ask questions
- Listen more and talk less
- Watch your tone
- Be intentional with body language
- Control emotions
Read this very interesting blog article here and learn more details about these 10 ways to be a kinder person in your job.
Would you enjoy helping people find their dream home? If you have thought about a career in real estate sales, then contact Sibcy Cline Recruiter/Career Specialist Amanda Dole at 513-985-1221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.